Welcome to JumpStart Learning Centre!
Professional, Educational, and FUN!
Reading and writing are foundational skills that are learned in the first few years of schooling. These skills are prerequisites across all core subject areas. Research shows that children are at an increased risk of falling behind if these essential skills are not quickly adopted in the first few years of schooling. Ensure your child is always ahead of the curve by giving them a JumpStart! Our curriculum is based research based methodologies including Montessori and so much more! See our FAQs for more information.
Harvard researchers found that children who got a year of quality pre-kindergarten did better in reading and math than kids who spent the year in daycare, with relatives, or in some other kind of preschool.
Childhood experts agree: Attending a high-quality program prepares kids for kindergarten and beyond. But finding the best option for your child takes time and research.
JumpStart Learning Centre provides children with a positive learning environment that prepares them for their critical first few years of schooling. This educational jumpstart will maximize their odds of success as they progress through grade school. We combine the most current research with real world experience to provide an enriched educational experience for your child. By the end of your child's Jr. Kindergarten year, he or she will be more successful developmentally and academically. Your child will have learned all of the skills necessary to succeed in Kindergarten including, but not limited to:
- Recognizing Alphabet letters and sounds
- Recognizing numbers
- Recognizing and writing name
- Reading and writing short vowel words and high frequency sight words
- Calendar Time - days of the week, months, weather, patterns, subitizing, counting
- JumpStart Home Reading Program (Hundreds of reading booklets organized by reading levels for your child to bring home and read)
Play with Purpose Activities (sample)
Another way to learn is through hands on activities where kids Play with Purpose and concepts taught in class are being reinforced through play. Teachers look for specific learning outcomes out of all centre time activities.
- Dramatic Play (activities that encourage children to use their imagination and think creatively in various fun and exciting scenarios)
- Sensory Play (children learn through various touch and feel activities)
- Writing Centre (various fun and engaging activities that encourage writing skills)
- Literacy Centre (various fun and engaging activities that encourage letter and letter sound recognition)
- Block Play
- Art Projects
- Numeracy (dice and number games)
- Working Independently
- Working with Others
- Following Directions
- Problem Solving Skills
- Understanding classroom rules and routines
Regular Program offered from
September - June
Late registrants are accepted based on availability
Weekly Summer Camps offered in
July & August
Structured Classroom Lessons
Reading, Writing and Numeracy
Bi-Monthly Progress Reports
No Mandatory Parent Volunteer Hours
Experienced & Professional Staff
Small Class Sizes
Hands-on Learning Activities